Coronavirus Update – Important Information 31-03-2020
At Knapman Family Funeral Directors, we are working hard during these unprecedented times to maintain our high standards whilst observing our duty of care to staff and families. In order to meet these competing needs we are required to respond promptly to government guidance and instruction and, we must regrettably make some changes to the way we operate our business. We will do everything we can to ensure that we maintain our exemplary levels of service and we ask that you are as understanding as possible of any issues in this difficult time.
An update from the Government regarding Funerals:
Currently, Funerals should continue, however, a number of steps have to be taken to minimise the transmission of Covid19.
In line with Government guidance:
– anyone advised to self-isolate cannot come to the office (including staff and suppliers)
– anyone advised to self-isolate cannot attend a Funeral
– Funerals are limited to a maximum number of attendees although this is subject to change. Please contact us to discuss the current limits and how we can help.
Please feel free to discuss the alternative methods of committal that are available to you with your Funeral Director.
– Our hearse will still be able to drive to your house, you are able to follow it in your own cars, we are currently able to provide our cars to you for the funeral but this may change due to the Government Guidelines, please speak with your funeral director to confirm the current arrangements if you have any concerns.
– Knapman Family Funeral Directors have a Flower Library from which you can select a floral tribute. All we ask is a donation to a local charity.(florists are closed as deemed non- essential)
– we are unable to accept cash donations but can advise you on setting up online charity donations
– any contact with Knapman Family Funeral Directors and your Funeral Director should be done by phone, Skype or email, this includes the Funeral Arrangement itself where possible, however it is possible for you to come to our premises should you wish to discuss matters face to face. We ask that you wear a face mask and if possible, check in using the NHS track and trace app. We can also drive to you for any signatures whilst adhering to social distancing and ask for you to have your own pen ready.
We are following all protocols and guidelines as they happen and are taking our Duty of Care very seriously during these times.
Keep safe, stay home.
The Knapman Family